- Lacrosse is an exhilarating, fun, fast-paced team sport.
- Lacrosse is a combination of basketball, soccer and hockey. Anyone can play lacrosse - big or small. The game requres and rewards coordinating and agility; not brawn. Quckness and speed are two highly prized qualites in lacrosse.
- Youth participation in the sport has grown over 500% since 1999 to nearly 250,000. No sport has grown faster at the high school level over the last 10 years.
- Women's lacrosse scholarships are currently the #1 unclaimed collegiate athletic scholarships. There are nearly 200 women's teams that compete at the US Lacrosse Intercollegiate Associates level.
What are the benefits of creating a girls LAX club?
- Board of Directors is completely dedicated to building the premier girls lacrosse program on the West Coast.
- Proven championship talent that competes at a regional and national level.
- Expand the opportunities for girls to play lacrosse beyond a local level.
- PGLC Technical Director and former Head Women's Lacrosse Coach at UC Berkeley, Theresa Sherry has been brought aboard to mentor our girls and guide our coaches.
-Providing a club environment that strives to provide a positive sports experience for both the beginner & skilled lacrosse player.
When is the lacrosse season and for what ages?
- Our season runs from February through May. Practices will start in February and will be held at Patelco Sports Complex. Regular season games start in March and are held throughout the Bay Area.
- We field teams in the U14, U12, U10 and U8 age groups.